SCIENCE-BASED DREAMWORK WITH BEI LINDA TANG
Dreamwork is an effort to discover and explore levels of meaning and significance of any dream experience recalled from sleep, and work with the insights gained for the purpose of self-growth and/or therapeutic benefit.
- the International Association for the Study of Dreams (IASD)
Bei Linda Tang is the owner/creative director of Dream Designs and an avid dreamwork practitioner. She teaches science-based dreamwork and advocates working with dreams to attain mental wellness, meaningful relationships, and happiness.
Tang is a wife, mother, Zen practitioner, ex-investment banker, and the author of Navigate Life with Dreams: A Guide to Happiness and Peace by Working with Your Own Dreams.
In 2019, Tang created and hosted Dream Salon - a symposium event featuring world-renowned dream scientists, including Harvard Medical School professor, Dr Deirdre Barrett, and director of the International Database of Sleep and Dream, Dr Kelly Bulkeley, who are both past presidents of IASD. The panel also included leading dreamwork psychotherapists, teachers, and authors, Dr Leslie Ellis and Dr Ana Mozol, and Joseph A. Dandurand, poet/playwright and the Indigenous Storyteller in Residence at Vancouver Public Library and the director of Kwantlen Cultural Centre.
Tang's dreamwork services include:
Understand the meaning of your dreams. Learn about the science of dreaming and the basics of dreamwork. Discover how we dream, why we dream, how dreams communicate, and how to decode dreams. Optional: bring a dream to gain insights on its meanings.
- 60-minute small group session.
- Cost: $20/person (First session free. Financial aid available*)
- Location: Dream Designs store (2749 Main Street @ 12th Ave, Vancouver)
- Time: 1-2 PM, Every Thursday (call 604.254.5012 to book)
Tang can teach dreamwork and dream sharing to schools, non-profit organizations, professional associations, and other types of community groups. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about availability.
Learn to make sense of the images and emotions in your dreams and apply their insights to guide life's decisions.
- 60-minute private session (By appointment in person or via electronic communication)
- Cost: $60/hour (Financial aid available*)
A dream-themed weekend retreat on Bowen Island. Dream, connect, contemplate, and catch up on sleep.
- April 3-5, 2020. $695 (including private accommodation and vegetarian meals).
- Location: Rivendell Retreat Centre. Space is limited to 15 participants.
Fees may be reduced or waived for those who can not afford to pay. Please email email@example.com to inquire.
Tang's practice and teaching follow the IASD Guidelines for Ethical Dreamwork Training. While dreamwork is therapeutic, it is not a replacement for psychotherapy.